Sunday, September 7, 2008

Russia so far...

I finally made it to russia, and it's been an adventure of a life time so far... It's been CRAZY!





I have pictures of all the adventure so far so lets start the tour together...









This is us before we left the airport, go bye to our parent and on to denver. We took barbie around the aitprot and took pictures with her. Our next stop was in Germany, and we slept once we land till we took off for st petersburg. One we got to the airport in st petersburg, got our lugage. People were waiting for us with out pictures and off into there car we were headed towards what we didnt know. I've never been so scared in my life, and i wanted to curl into a ball and cry. lol i met my host mom, her name is Galina, and doesnt speak an ounce of english. Haha we use actions to commuicate and she feds me really well.. to bad the food isnt the best! :) i have my own room and my own cupboard. I'm very lucky and i love living there. The first few days, we did some great exlporing aroung the city center, and found some really cool stuff...





We went to the mcdonalds, subway, pzza hut and kfc already. We've hit almost every american food place. We had to get our blood taken in this haunted house creppyvile, and they prink our fingers so deep, it hurt super bad!
The next one was our first day of church, literial mircle we found the church, good thing we have lots of faith! OMg, some guy had a pet bear in the park and was just sittin on a bench. The bear was sucking his hand, and just chillin. It was insane! This is some of the girls i came with and s biulding of some sort,( idontknow yet) The food isnt so bad, but my host mom really had a fish just sitting in the fridge here. It is so gross, i just had to post it! haha We starting teaching the little children. Dont be fooled by the cute faces, they really are little demons right now. I teach the five year olds, and the 7 years olds with danielle. They kids are cute, but it has been quite the chalenge so far, but it will get better, it always does!






Here are some pictures from exploring the city center of ST petersburg...







Those chair are the 12 wonders of the world, and we got to sit in them. We also got to take a cute pictues with the girls and the male statue... haha haha (i'm so immature!) hehe




Every saturday we get to go travel and look at a different place in history, and this saturday we went to Peterhof, This was a house of peter the great, and it had 155 fountain spread over acers and acers of land. It was really pretty and so amazing. I hope you enjoy all the pictures.








I dont have alot of time to blog, but that is the jest of everything so far. Russia is a very different country, but i'm learning to love it everyday. It is very beauiful, and the fashion here is amazing. Never a dull day... but if you have any other questions, just let me know.. :) you can email me also, my email is jess2hurley33@yahoo.com
I miss everyone at home and i love you all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! You love fish. Maybe she will cook it up for you, or does she eat it raw?
This is something you will always remember. Now the bear would probably be real cool to see. You will be able to see so many things. We love you!
Tiff

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Wow I love all the pictures. How cool are you you got to see one of the wonders of the world. How cool are you? So the fashion is great...you will have to buy me some sweet clothes. I will give you money. Oh you are so cute. I am so sad that I have missed your phone calls. Have fun.

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Hey-- I love all the great pictures especially in front of the naked statue. Pretty hot! Love ya girlie and I'm glad you finally updated your blog! Its about freakin time!:)Whit gives you lots of kisses!

Brittney N said...

Hi Jessie! It's so fun to see what you're up to over in Russia! Looks like you're having a blast! Jake and I just found out that we're having a BOY! It's about time for the Jim Hart family huh? We're super excited! We miss you!

Jen Bird said...

I can't believe you and your little adventure!! it cracks me up! It will be fun seeing Russia through your eyes! :) Have fun!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Cool pictures Jess! You look like you are having fun!

Evie said...

JESSIE!
It is me Eve, you old primary teacher! I found you through Facebook. It looks like you are having an amazing time, I am so proud of you! I want to know how you are doing! I also have a blog, www.evenkev.blogspot.com I am going to add you to my list! Keep in touch!
Much Love,
Eve:)

Kari said...

Weston says, "Hi Bff!" And Happy Birthday. We hope you are having fun.